Saturday, May 27, 2017

So I Will Go

My whole life I have been chasing the plans God had for me. Yeah, I had some bumps along the way. You could say I fell into a ditch and struggled to climb my way out. But I've always been faithful in stepping into the next adventure God placed at my feet.

I've been on some great adventures: traveling with Holy Hands, working with FL Kids, being on Youth Staff, teaching in Honduras for almost 2 months, teaching in North Philadelphia, embracing the life of kindergarteners, and attending the best university in the state (I promise that's a completely unbiased opinion, obviously).

//Bravely following God's call all over the world with coffee in hand and joy in my heart//

This is my mission statement. This is why I'm here. These words echo through my thoughts with each
decision I make and each step I take. There are a few more words that I strive to make true about myself.

"Living a life full of adventure."

I don't want to lead some boring, monotonous, stale life. I want excitement. I want change. I want challenge. I want to joyfully and passionately embrace each new season that God brings to my life. Each new season is a new adventure.

I'm on to my next adventure. I am so filled with joy to tell you that I will be faithfully pursuing God's plan and purpose for my life by taking a leap and moving to the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio.

It's sad to think that I will be leaving the church I have called home for the first 21 years of my life. Freedom Life has taught me so many things and brought so much passion and love for Jesus into my soul. I've met some amazing people and made the most wonderful, life-long friends. Freedom Life with always be family.

I am taking all I have learned from my pastors, mentors, leaders, and friends and bringing it to Legacy Church in Columbus, Ohio. This July begins a new season full of fun, growth, challenges, and new experiences.

I said this before beginning my student teaching, and I'll say it with each new beginning.

In the wonderful words of Bilbo Baggins, "I'm going on an adventure!".

Much love + blessings,

Becky xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment